BELGIUM: Profit warning from retailer Colruyt
Colruyt saw retail revenues slow during the autumn
Belgium-based retailer Colruyt has warned annual profits will fall after revenues failed to grow as quickly as expected in its third quarter.
The company said its net profit for the year to the end of March would be "slightly lower" than a year earlier. Colruyt's net profit last year was EUR353.7m (US$477.9m), up 31.% on 2012/13.
"In the last months revenue has been increasing less rapidly than in the first six months of this financial year," Colruyt said as it reported its sales results for the nine months to the end of December.
Colruyt's turnover was up 4.5% to EUR6.54bn. However, revenue from its retail stores slowed, rising 4.3%, compared to 4.8% in the first half of the company's fiscal year.
The retailer said a "highly competitive and promotional market developed" during the autumn amid pressure on consumer spending.
Click here for the full statement from Colruyt.
Agricultural Products in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
Introduction Food Retail in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro......
2013 saw the continuous development of trends seen in 2012: the strength of the authenticity trend favoured brands such as Delhaize Group SA, which strongly marketed its own organic labels. Value-for-...
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Can Yildiz's new snacks unit match its ambitions?
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US