SPAIN: Profits up at olive oil firm Deoleo
- EBITDA climbs to EUR62.4m
- Net profit at EUR2.9m
- Net sales drop 12.9%
The company attributed the increase to improved margins and efficiency measures
Spanish olive oil producer Deoleo has recorded an increase in profit in the first nine months of the year.
EBITDA amounted to EUR62.4m (US$79.4m), compared to EUR47.7m last year. The company attributed the increase to improved margins and efficiency measures undertaken throughout 2011.
Net profit in the period amounted to EUR2.9m. The company did not give a comparable figure.
Sales in the period stood at EUR627m, representing a drop of 12.9% on last year as a result of a fall in raw material prices and the "lack of packaging operations", it said.
Deoleo has forecast full-year EBITDA of EUR89m.
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- Shopper trends: Promos can mean higher prices
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Abraaj outbids Kellogg with fresh Bisco Misr offer