SPAIN: Profits up at olive oil firm Deoleo
- EBITDA climbs to EUR62.4m
- Net profit at EUR2.9m
- Net sales drop 12.9%
The company attributed the increase to improved margins and efficiency measures
Spanish olive oil producer Deoleo has recorded an increase in profit in the first nine months of the year.
EBITDA amounted to EUR62.4m (US$79.4m), compared to EUR47.7m last year. The company attributed the increase to improved margins and efficiency measures undertaken throughout 2011.
Net profit in the period amounted to EUR2.9m. The company did not give a comparable figure.
Sales in the period stood at EUR627m, representing a drop of 12.9% on last year as a result of a fall in raw material prices and the "lack of packaging operations", it said.
Deoleo has forecast full-year EBITDA of EUR89m.
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- United Biscuits UK plant to start strike action
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM