SPAIN: Profits up at olive oil firm Deoleo
- EBITDA climbs to EUR62.4m
- Net profit at EUR2.9m
- Net sales drop 12.9%
The company attributed the increase to improved margins and efficiency measures
Spanish olive oil producer Deoleo has recorded an increase in profit in the first nine months of the year.
EBITDA amounted to EUR62.4m (US$79.4m), compared to EUR47.7m last year. The company attributed the increase to improved margins and efficiency measures undertaken throughout 2011.
Net profit in the period amounted to EUR2.9m. The company did not give a comparable figure.
Sales in the period stood at EUR627m, representing a drop of 12.9% on last year as a result of a fall in raw material prices and the "lack of packaging operations", it said.
Deoleo has forecast full-year EBITDA of EUR89m.
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia