IRELAND: Profits up at The Irish Dairy Board
Sales of Pilgrim's Choice cheese in the UK rose year-on-year
Higher sales from consumer foods and from ingredients have helped annual profits increase at The Irish Dairy Board.
The co-operative, which counts Kerrygold butter and Pilgrims Choice among its brands, reported an 87% jump in pre-tax profits to EUR22.8m. The IDB said its "operating surplus", or EBIT, was up 25% at EUR25.8m.
The improved earnings came on the back of a 5% rise in turnover to EUR2.12bn.
Kevin Lane, CEO of the IDB, said the co-op had put in a "very strong business performance in 2013".
Sales from the IDB's consumer business were up 6%. The co-op pointed to "record volume and market share" in Germany and the US. It did not comment on the profitability of the unit.
Turnover from the co-op's dairy trading and ingredients arm grew 4%. Its sales and operating surplus enjoyed "strong growth", the IDB said.
The IDB's US speciality food distribution division, DPI Specialty Foods, also saw turnover and operating surplus rise.
Canadean's "Irish Dairy Board Co-operative Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile co...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during September 2014....
Synopsis Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest happenings in the global dairy food market throughout the month. The monthly report provides the reader with the...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details