IRELAND: Profits up at The Irish Dairy Board
Sales of Pilgrim's Choice cheese in the UK rose year-on-year
Higher sales from consumer foods and from ingredients have helped annual profits increase at The Irish Dairy Board.
The co-operative, which counts Kerrygold butter and Pilgrims Choice among its brands, reported an 87% jump in pre-tax profits to EUR22.8m. The IDB said its "operating surplus", or EBIT, was up 25% at EUR25.8m.
The improved earnings came on the back of a 5% rise in turnover to EUR2.12bn.
Kevin Lane, CEO of the IDB, said the co-op had put in a "very strong business performance in 2013".
Sales from the IDB's consumer business were up 6%. The co-op pointed to "record volume and market share" in Germany and the US. It did not comment on the profitability of the unit.
Turnover from the co-op's dairy trading and ingredients arm grew 4%. Its sales and operating surplus enjoyed "strong growth", the IDB said.
The IDB's US speciality food distribution division, DPI Specialty Foods, also saw turnover and operating surplus rise.
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during September 2014....
Synopsis Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest happenings in the global dairy food market throughout the month. The monthly report provides the reader with the...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global dairy food market during September 2014....
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- Can Yildiz's new snacks unit match its ambitions?
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Hain Celestial lifted by international, protein
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Coca-Cola to invest in Nigerian dairy group Chi
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US