IRELAND: Profits up at The Irish Dairy Board
Sales of Pilgrim's Choice cheese in the UK rose year-on-year
Higher sales from consumer foods and from ingredients have helped annual profits increase at The Irish Dairy Board.
The co-operative, which counts Kerrygold butter and Pilgrims Choice among its brands, reported an 87% jump in pre-tax profits to EUR22.8m. The IDB said its "operating surplus", or EBIT, was up 25% at EUR25.8m.
The improved earnings came on the back of a 5% rise in turnover to EUR2.12bn.
Kevin Lane, CEO of the IDB, said the co-op had put in a "very strong business performance in 2013".
Sales from the IDB's consumer business were up 6%. The co-op pointed to "record volume and market share" in Germany and the US. It did not comment on the profitability of the unit.
Turnover from the co-op's dairy trading and ingredients arm grew 4%. Its sales and operating surplus enjoyed "strong growth", the IDB said.
The IDB's US speciality food distribution division, DPI Specialty Foods, also saw turnover and operating surplus rise.
Canadean's "Irish Dairy Board Co-operative Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile co...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during September 2014....
Synopsis Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest happenings in the global dairy food market throughout the month. The monthly report provides the reader with the...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global dairy food market during September 2014....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits