SINGAPORE: Profits up from F&N's dairy arm
Fraser and Neave's dairy sector success is being led by growth in Thailand and Malaysia
Singapore conglomerate Fraser and Neave has reported a 9% rise in quarterly profits from its dairy business.
Earnings from F&N's dairy arm grew to S$16m (US$12.6m) for the three months to the end of December.
Profits from F&N's Thai dairy business were up 13% on the back of a 15% increase in sales. In Malaysia, earnings from its dairy division were up 33%. Sales rose 6% but F&N also benefited from cost savings and "better bad debt recovery".
The Singapore-based company, which also has beverage and publishing divisions experienced, saw net profit rise 3.2% to S$36m. Net sales increased 5% to S$597m.
Fraser and Neave, the Singapore-based drinks-to-dairy group, has booked a "strong" increase in full-year operating profit despite a lower contribution from its dairy unit....
Dairy in Malaysia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptio...
Dairy in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descripti...
Ice Cream in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profil...
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia