SINGAPORE: Profits up from F&N's dairy arm
Fraser and Neave's dairy sector success is being led by growth in Thailand and Malaysia
Singapore conglomerate Fraser and Neave has reported a 9% rise in quarterly profits from its dairy business.
Earnings from F&N's dairy arm grew to S$16m (US$12.6m) for the three months to the end of December.
Profits from F&N's Thai dairy business were up 13% on the back of a 15% increase in sales. In Malaysia, earnings from its dairy division were up 33%. Sales rose 6% but F&N also benefited from cost savings and "better bad debt recovery".
The Singapore-based company, which also has beverage and publishing divisions experienced, saw net profit rise 3.2% to S$36m. Net sales increased 5% to S$597m.
Dairy in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descripti...
Fraser and Neave, the Singapore-based drinks-to-dairy group, has booked a "strong" increase in full-year operating profit despite a lower contribution from its dairy unit....
Dairy in Malaysia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptio...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019