SINGAPORE: Profits up from F&N's dairy arm
Fraser and Neave's dairy sector success is being led by growth in Thailand and Malaysia
Singapore conglomerate Fraser and Neave has reported a 9% rise in quarterly profits from its dairy business.
Earnings from F&N's dairy arm grew to S$16m (US$12.6m) for the three months to the end of December.
Profits from F&N's Thai dairy business were up 13% on the back of a 15% increase in sales. In Malaysia, earnings from its dairy division were up 33%. Sales rose 6% but F&N also benefited from cost savings and "better bad debt recovery".
The Singapore-based company, which also has beverage and publishing divisions experienced, saw net profit rise 3.2% to S$36m. Net sales increased 5% to S$597m.
Dairy in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descripti...
Fraser and Neave, the Singapore-based drinks-to-dairy group, has booked a "strong" increase in full-year operating profit despite a lower contribution from its dairy unit....
Dairy in Malaysia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptio...
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- On the money: Unilever aims to get food growing
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- Hain Celestial buys plant-based food firm Mona
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"
- Nestle replaces India MD after Maggi scandal
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs