SINGAPORE: Profits up from F&N's dairy arm
Fraser and Neave's dairy sector success is being led by growth in Thailand and Malaysia
Singapore conglomerate Fraser and Neave has reported a 9% rise in quarterly profits from its dairy business.
Earnings from F&N's dairy arm grew to S$16m (US$12.6m) for the three months to the end of December.
Profits from F&N's Thai dairy business were up 13% on the back of a 15% increase in sales. In Malaysia, earnings from its dairy division were up 33%. Sales rose 6% but F&N also benefited from cost savings and "better bad debt recovery".
The Singapore-based company, which also has beverage and publishing divisions experienced, saw net profit rise 3.2% to S$36m. Net sales increased 5% to S$597m.
Dairy in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descripti...
Fraser and Neave, the Singapore-based drinks-to-dairy group, has booked a "strong" increase in full-year operating profit despite a lower contribution from its dairy unit....
Dairy in Malaysia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptio...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- McDonald's antibiotics move may be seminal moment
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- Green Giant talk underlines pressure at Gen Mills
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Heinz to cut 71 jobs at UK plant
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business