USA: Progress on PepsiCo acquisition of Quaker Oats
A memo to employees of both companies on Friday said the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) had agreed to some limitations on the scope of its inquiry into the deal and expected PepsiCo's acquisition of Quaker to be completed in the second quarter. The FTC is expected to ask Pepsi to relinquish its All-Sport drink, which competes with Quaker's Gatorade, as part of the completed deal.
Artificial sweetener Splenda has enjoyed phenomenal success in recent years, and now has a 51% share of the US market. But now it has a fight on its hands, as sugar manufacturers file lawsuits claimin...
PepsiCo yesterday (2 January) announced the acquisition of Star Foods, one of Poland's leading savoury snack producers....
Consumer goods giant Sara Lee Corporation has announced today that it has reached agreement on the principal terms and conditions for the sale of its European nuts and snacks business in the Netherlan...
Snacks and soft drinks giant PepsiCo has announced its agreement, pending government approval, to purchase Stacy's Pita Chip Company, the top-selling maker of pita chips with sales approaching $60m th...
US snacks giant Frito-Lay, part of PepsiCo, has announced that it is to cut between 200 and 250 jobs as part of a move to streamline its organisation....
Frito-Lay India, the Indian snacks division of US giant PepsiCo, is set to launch several Quaker breakfast cereal brands onto the Indian market by the end of the year....
US snacks and soft drinks giant PepsiCo has reported lower third-quarter profit, due to a tax charge related to international profit repatriation....
Food and drink company Pepsico is to close its Walkers snack factory in Swansea, in South Wales, with the loss of 250 jobs, reports the BBC....
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1