ANTIPODES: Proposed ingredients labelling causing a stir
Health Ministers meeting in Canberra at the end of November are expected to decide that all will be revealed when they debate the new labelling rules developed during a six-year review process by the Australia New Zealand Food Authority (Anzfa). The tough standards are expected to provide better protection for those with allergies to certain foods, and mandatory nutritional information panels are also planned to improve the dietary habits of consumers. Some 70 % of manufactured food in Australia and New Zealand currently carries nutritional and allergy information, but the managing director of Anzfa, Ian Lindenmayer, commented that: "Some of our standards have not been reviewed for 20 or 30 years and don't reflect contemporary scientific and medical knowledge about the impact of particular food or food ingredients on health and safety."Features proposed for the new labelling include:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review