USA: Proposed Smithfield Foods stock for stock acquisition of IBP 'will create a strong and committed partner for farming communities,' says Smithfield Foods CEO Joe Luter
Early yesterday Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD) announced a proposal to acquire IBP, Inc. (NYSE: IBP) through a strategic stock for stock combination of the two companies.Smithfield Foods' proposal followed the announcement on October 2, 2000 that IBP's senior management and a select group of insiders and Wall Street investors planned to take IBP private by acquiring the company in a 1980s-style leveraged buyout.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund