USA: Proposed USDA performance standards "will require careful review," says NFPA
Proposed regulations establishing performance standards to be used by the food industry in producing ready-to-eat meat and poultry products "will require careful review to ensure that they truly enhance food safety," according to the National Food Processors Association (NFPA). "Because of the scope of this rule and the broad variety of foods it covers, NFPA will need time to review and then respond to these proposed regulations," said Dr. Rhona Applebaum, NFPA's Executive Vice President for Scientific and Regulatory Affairs. "In the past, NFPA has been supportive of performance standards as opposed to 'command and control' regulations, but we will need to study this proposal further; as with all complex regulatory proposals, the details will dictate our position."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review