ITALY: Prosciutto di Parma ham production drops, but export demands increase
Italy expects a 5-6% drop in "Prosciutto di Parma" ham output this year, just at a time when US, Canadian and Japanese demand is strong for exports. The projection on declining production comes from the Italian crude ham's consortium and is based on findings of increasing prices for raw material (up 17% in the past six months) without any significant corresponding increase in price for consumers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega