UK: Protestors converge on London for rally against Marks and Spencer's closure plans
Thousands of workers are set to converge on west London today, to take part in a mass rally protesting against Marks and Spencer's (M&S) plans to close the 39 stores that comprise its Continental operations. In March, the struggling high street retailer announced that the closures would take place so that the company can concentrate on its UK operations. British and French unions argue that the company violated French law however, in failing to consult workers on the decision before it was announced. This belief was upheld in a court case in Paris last month, where the judge ordered M&S to postpone the closure of its 18 French stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report