USA: Provena Foods Inc. reports first quarter results
Provena Foods Inc. (Amex: PZA) net sales were up 31% and the Company reported net earnings of $9,866 for the 1st quarter of 2001 compared to a net loss of $232,930 a year ago. The meat division realized a substantial profit in the 1st quarter after the depreciation and interest expense arising from its new meat plant. The pasta division operated at a loss, exacerbated by electric utility power interruptions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units