USA: Provena Foods Inc. reports fourth quarter results
Provena Foods Inc. (Amex: PZA) had a net loss of $878,121 on net sales of $27,309,361 for the year 2000 compared to net earnings of $38,096 on net sales of $20,627,542 for 1999. Net earnings for the 4th quarter of 2000 were $27,596 compared to $77,528 for the 4th quarter of 1999. Both divisions operated at a loss for the year but at a modest profit for the 4th quarter. The sales increase is attributable to the meat division, which reduced its operating loss by almost $2,000,000 and increased its sales by 62% from 1999 to 2000, the first full year of operations of the new meat plant.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1