USA: Provena Foods Inc. reports fourth quarter results
Provena Foods Inc. (Amex: PZA) had a net loss of $878,121 on net sales of $27,309,361 for the year 2000 compared to net earnings of $38,096 on net sales of $20,627,542 for 1999. Net earnings for the 4th quarter of 2000 were $27,596 compared to $77,528 for the 4th quarter of 1999. Both divisions operated at a loss for the year but at a modest profit for the 4th quarter. The sales increase is attributable to the meat division, which reduced its operating loss by almost $2,000,000 and increased its sales by 62% from 1999 to 2000, the first full year of operations of the new meat plant.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales