USA: Provena Foods Inc. Reports Second Quarter Results
Provena Foods Inc.'s (Amex: PZA) sales were up 23% in the 2nd quarter and 22% in the 1st half, from increased sales at the meat division. The Company had a net loss of $387,763 for the 2nd quarter and $620,693 for the 1st half, compared to net earnings of $218,531 and $473,765 a year ago. The losses were caused by losses at the meat division and reduced profits at the pasta division. The losses at the meat division were caused by rising meat costs and remedial inefficiencies at the new plant.Provena Foods Inc. will pay a quarterly dividend of $.03 per share payable September 30, 2000 to shareholders of record September 10, 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival