USA: Provena Foods Inc. Reports Second Quarter Results
Provena Foods Inc.'s (Amex: PZA) sales were up 23% in the 2nd quarter and 22% in the 1st half, from increased sales at the meat division. The Company had a net loss of $387,763 for the 2nd quarter and $620,693 for the 1st half, compared to net earnings of $218,531 and $473,765 a year ago. The losses were caused by losses at the meat division and reduced profits at the pasta division. The losses at the meat division were caused by rising meat costs and remedial inefficiencies at the new plant.Provena Foods Inc. will pay a quarterly dividend of $.03 per share payable September 30, 2000 to shareholders of record September 10, 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth