USA: Provena Foods Inc. Reports Second Quarter Results
Provena Foods Inc.'s (Amex: PZA) sales were up 23% in the 2nd quarter and 22% in the 1st half, from increased sales at the meat division. The Company had a net loss of $387,763 for the 2nd quarter and $620,693 for the 1st half, compared to net earnings of $218,531 and $473,765 a year ago. The losses were caused by losses at the meat division and reduced profits at the pasta division. The losses at the meat division were caused by rising meat costs and remedial inefficiencies at the new plant.Provena Foods Inc. will pay a quarterly dividend of $.03 per share payable September 30, 2000 to shareholders of record September 10, 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units