USA: Provena Foods Inc. Reports Second Quarter Results
Provena Foods Inc.'s (Amex: PZA) sales were up 23% in the 2nd quarter and 22% in the 1st half, from increased sales at the meat division. The Company had a net loss of $387,763 for the 2nd quarter and $620,693 for the 1st half, compared to net earnings of $218,531 and $473,765 a year ago. The losses were caused by losses at the meat division and reduced profits at the pasta division. The losses at the meat division were caused by rising meat costs and remedial inefficiencies at the new plant.Provena Foods Inc. will pay a quarterly dividend of $.03 per share payable September 30, 2000 to shareholders of record September 10, 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund