UK: Publication Of The First Uk Annual Report On Zoonoses
The first UK Annual Report on Zoonoses (diseases and infections which are transmissible between animals and man) has been issued today. The report presents 1998 data on the prevalence of zoonoses in the UK. The report was compiled by a joint Departmental working group of representatives from the Veterinary Laboratories Agency (VLA), Agriculture and Health Departments and the Food Standards Agency in England and the devolved regions. This publication will be of interest to professionals working in the field, and those with a general interest in this subject. It is intended that the Report presenting 1999 data will be available by the end of this year and that similar reports will be made available annually thereafter. Copies of the report are available on-line and hard copies can be ordered from MAFF. As this report is the first of its kind the working group welcomes any suggestions for improvements for future editions. Copies of the Report are available from Zoonoses Division, Area 110, 1a Page Street, London, SW1P 4PQ, or alternatively from the MAFF Animal Health website: (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund