UK: Publication Of The First Uk Annual Report On Zoonoses
The first UK Annual Report on Zoonoses (diseases and infections which are transmissible between animals and man) has been issued today. The report presents 1998 data on the prevalence of zoonoses in the UK. The report was compiled by a joint Departmental working group of representatives from the Veterinary Laboratories Agency (VLA), Agriculture and Health Departments and the Food Standards Agency in England and the devolved regions. This publication will be of interest to professionals working in the field, and those with a general interest in this subject. It is intended that the Report presenting 1999 data will be available by the end of this year and that similar reports will be made available annually thereafter. Copies of the report are available on-line and hard copies can be ordered from MAFF. As this report is the first of its kind the working group welcomes any suggestions for improvements for future editions. Copies of the Report are available from Zoonoses Division, Area 110, 1a Page Street, London, SW1P 4PQ, or alternatively from the MAFF Animal Health website: (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action