SPAIN: Puleva Biotech posts 34% rise in H1 net profit
Spanish health food firm Puleva Biotech, a unit of food company Ebro Puleva, has posted a 34% rise in first-half net profit. The company's net profit rose to €932,000 (US$1.06m), while revenue rose 23% to €2.28m. Puleva Biotech said it was to launch a new product on the market in the coming weeks. The firm said tests of its CV-17 food additive showed that in small regular doses it "significantly reduced numerous risk factors connected to heart disease," and the product would go on sale soon, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- 'City institutions behind bid for Fox's Biscuits'
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea