SPAIN: Puleva Biotech posts 34% rise in H1 net profit
Spanish health food firm Puleva Biotech, a unit of food company Ebro Puleva, has posted a 34% rise in first-half net profit. The company's net profit rose to €932,000 (US$1.06m), while revenue rose 23% to €2.28m. Puleva Biotech said it was to launch a new product on the market in the coming weeks. The firm said tests of its CV-17 food additive showed that in small regular doses it "significantly reduced numerous risk factors connected to heart disease," and the product would go on sale soon, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action