SPAIN: Puleva Biotech’s Q1 profits soar on stock sale gains
Spanish functional-foods concern Puleva Biotech reported a EUR2.2m (US$2.73m) pretax profit in the first quarter of 2006, up 314% from EUR523,000 reported for the first quarter of 1005. These gains were largely driven by a EUR1.6m stock-sale gain, the company said in a statement issued with Stock Market watchdog Comision Nacional de Valores (CNMV) on Monday (24 April).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project