USA: Purina Mills announces delay in closing of merger
Purina Mills, Inc. (Nasdaq: PMIL) announced yesterday a delay in the closing of the proposed Land O'Lakes acquisition. Purina Mills and Land O'Lakes now contemplate that the transaction will close during the month of October. The transaction, which has previously been approved by Purina Mills stockholders and received anti- trust clearance, had been expected to close by the end of September. Under the terms of the merger agreement, Purina Mills has the right to terminate the merger agreement if Land O'Lakes has not obtained the financing necessary to consummate the merger by November 15, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs