USA: Purina Mills announces delay in closing of merger
Purina Mills, Inc. (Nasdaq: PMIL) announced yesterday a delay in the closing of the proposed Land O'Lakes acquisition. Purina Mills and Land O'Lakes now contemplate that the transaction will close during the month of October. The transaction, which has previously been approved by Purina Mills stockholders and received anti- trust clearance, had been expected to close by the end of September. Under the terms of the merger agreement, Purina Mills has the right to terminate the merger agreement if Land O'Lakes has not obtained the financing necessary to consummate the merger by November 15, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid