USA: Purina Mills announces delay in closing of merger
Purina Mills, Inc. (Nasdaq: PMIL) announced yesterday a delay in the closing of the proposed Land O'Lakes acquisition. Purina Mills and Land O'Lakes now contemplate that the transaction will close during the month of October. The transaction, which has previously been approved by Purina Mills stockholders and received anti- trust clearance, had been expected to close by the end of September. Under the terms of the merger agreement, Purina Mills has the right to terminate the merger agreement if Land O'Lakes has not obtained the financing necessary to consummate the merger by November 15, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report