USA: Purina Mills announces delay in closing of merger
Purina Mills, Inc. (Nasdaq: PMIL) announced yesterday a delay in the closing of the proposed Land O'Lakes acquisition. Purina Mills and Land O'Lakes now contemplate that the transaction will close during the month of October. The transaction, which has previously been approved by Purina Mills stockholders and received anti- trust clearance, had been expected to close by the end of September. Under the terms of the merger agreement, Purina Mills has the right to terminate the merger agreement if Land O'Lakes has not obtained the financing necessary to consummate the merger by November 15, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods