USA: Purple voted into the M&M's bag
US confectionery giant Mars has announced that purple is the newest colour to join its range of M&M candy sweets. Millions of voters in more than 200 countries made the selection from a choice of purple, pink or aqua, casting their vote via phone, mail and through the Internet. After months of sampling the chocolates in specially marked bags, the voters chose purple with 41% of the vote. Aqua garnered a respectable 37% while pink managed a meagre 19%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti