USA: Purple voted into the M&M's bag
US confectionery giant Mars has announced that purple is the newest colour to join its range of M&M candy sweets. Millions of voters in more than 200 countries made the selection from a choice of purple, pink or aqua, casting their vote via phone, mail and through the Internet. After months of sampling the chocolates in specially marked bags, the voters chose purple with 41% of the vote. Aqua garnered a respectable 37% while pink managed a meagre 19%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin