RUSSIA: Pyatyorochka founder Vysotsky exits X5
X5 Retail's discount format director Oleg Vysotsky is leaving the supermarket group, the company has confirmed.
Vysotsky will continue to manage the business for an interim period and will serve as a "transition advisor" when a successor has been appointed, X5 said in a statement.
"The company has already identified internal and external candidates and is conducting an exhaustive search to consider the broadest pool of management talent for this position," X5 said.
Vysotsky was a co-founder of the Pyatyorochka chain, which was renamed X5 Retail Group in 2006, and has been with the group for 15 years.
The turbulence in X5's senior management line-up has prompted speculation that internal divisions have emerged since long-serving chief executive Lev Khasis left the company a year ago to join Walmart.
Collectively, Pyatyorochka founders hold a 19.85% stake in X5. When contacted by just-food, the company declined to comment on the size of Vysotsky's personal holding in the group.
Jan Fuchs has become the latest senior executive to leave Russian retailer X5 Retail Group....
Russian retailer Dixy is focusing its growth strategy on expanding its convenience store network in the country....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review