USA: QRS will provide Kroger with e-commerce services
QRS will provide Kroger with e-commerce services to support online purchase orders, invoices and shipping notices. QRS will also provide to Kroger enterprise-wide connectivity including trading partner transactions.
"Having QRS e-Commerce services means companies can focus on their business, on their true core competencies," said John Simon, CEO for QRS. "QRS eCommerce products and services deliver efficiencies that help companies like Kroger gain a competitive advantage."
Fred Meyer Stores, a division of Kroger, has used QRS B2B e-commerce services for several years, reducing paper trails, lost orders, human errors and telephone communication.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Kroger is the nation's largest retail grocery chain. The Company currently operates more than 2,300 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under more than a dozen banners, including Kroger, Fred Meyer, Ralphs, Smith's, King Soopers, Dillon, Fry's, Food 4 Less and Quality Food Centers. Kroger also operates 796 convenience stores, 389 fine jewelry stores and 42 food processing plants.
Since 1988, QRS has delivered proven B2B e-commerce solutions to the retail industry. Today QRS helps retailers, vendors and service providers meet the challenges of global trade and collaborative commerce. QRS eCommerce, Content, Applications and Marketplace Services enable our more than 9,000 customers to conduct business throughout the world with proven solutions and trusted information. For additional information visit our website at www.qrs.com.
Companies such as Wal-Mart, Carrefour and Tesco have been international retailers for some time, but there is still room for expansion. As competition in established markets gets tougher and tougher, ...
Kroger Cheese Pizza Bites have been recalled due to the inclusion of an undeclared allergen....
Retail grocery chain The Kroger posted a strong sales increase of 7.3%, at US$60.6bn, for the full 2005 financial year....
NuVim, Inc said yesterday that discussions have been underway with the Kroger Company for Kroger to produce and sell NuVim products....
Grocery retailer Kroger has reported net earnings of US$185.4 m for the third quarter ended 5 November 2005. Net earnings in the year-ago period were US$142.7m....
US grocery retailer Kroger has declined to comment on reports that it is considering a preliminary bid for rival Albertson's but said it was committed to its strategy of boosting sales....
US supermarket group Albertsons has reportedly attracted a preliminary takeover bid from rival grocery retailer Kroger....
US natural and specialty foods distributor Tree of Life has announced that it has been unable to reach agreement with US grocery retailer Ralphs on the terms of any future business relationship....
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights