USA/SWITZERLAND: Quaker, Novartis shutter functional food JV
Chicago-based Altus Food Co, an independent company established two years ago through a joint venture between US food giant Quaker Oats' and Swiss health-care giant Novartis has been closed down. Altus was formed to develop a range of "functional foods", including cholesterol-reducing cereals and female-orientated snack bars, but the companies admitted last week that the venture was sidetracked by their new priorities before its business plan was fully developed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO