US: Quaker Oats launches breakfast cookies
Quaker Oats has launched a new breakfast food line called Quaker Breakfast Cookies.
The company says each cookie is made with whole grain Quaker Oats and provides 5 grams of dietary fibre as well as being a source of calcium and iron.
"Quaker Breakfast Cookies are a great choice for people who typically reach for a 'sweet' snack before lunch, but don't want to compromise on nutrition," said Ann Mukherjee, vice president of marketing for Quaker Snacks. "Now you can satisfy your craving with a delicious and satisfying snack that tastes as good as a cookie with the wholesome goodness you expect from Quaker."
The product will be available in two varieties - oatmeal raisin and apple cinnamon.
Quaker Breakfast Cookies are being rolled out this month in the US and have a suggested retail price of US$3.29.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch