USA: Quaker Oats post rise in Q1 operating earnings
Quaker Oats reported on Thursday that income from operations in its fiscal first quarter rose 4% on the back of increases in sales of beverages, hot cereals and grain-based snacks. The cereal giant, which is due to come under the control of PepsiCo , said earnings in the quarter rose to US$196.5m from US$189.3m a year ago. Net sales rose to US$1.23bn from US$1.17bn. The company said it expects to post double-digit growth in second quarter sales and operating income.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO