USA: Quaker Oats post rise in Q1 operating earnings
Quaker Oats reported on Thursday that income from operations in its fiscal first quarter rose 4% on the back of increases in sales of beverages, hot cereals and grain-based snacks. The cereal giant, which is due to come under the control of PepsiCo , said earnings in the quarter rose to US$196.5m from US$189.3m a year ago. Net sales rose to US$1.23bn from US$1.17bn. The company said it expects to post double-digit growth in second quarter sales and operating income.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre