USA: Quaker reports a 14 percent increase in third-quarter diluted earnings per share, before unusual items
The Quaker Oats Company (NYSE: OAT) today reported earnings per share of $1.15 for its third quarter ended September 30, 2000, excluding unusual items. This compares to $1.01 per share in the third quarter of 1999, an increase of 14 percent.Including unusual items in both years, third-quarter earnings were $1.15 per share in 2000, versus $0.98 per share in 1999. Unusual items totaled $500,000 of net income in 2000, compared to $3.8 million, or three cents per share, of net expense in 1999.Commenting on the quarter, Robert S. Morrison, chairman, president and chief executive officer, said, "This marks the 11th consecutive quarter that Quaker has registered double-digit EPS growth. With nearly 7 percent overall sales growth-12 percent in worldwide Beverages and 2 percent in worldwide Foods, our portfolio once again outpaced industry growth."In the U.S., Gatorade completed another excellent beverage season, increasing its volume, sales and category share considerably. Hot cereals got off to a strong season start, and grain-based snacks posted its fourth successive quarter of solid growth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review