AUSTRALIA: Queensland sets low quota for kangaroo harvest
The Australian government has announced that Queensland's quota for kangaroo harvesting will be 3.8 million animals this year. Agforce Queensland had lobbied for a higher quota of up to six million, and has expressed its disappointment at the government's decision. Agforce Queensland deputy CEO Paul Bidwell said the region's kangaroo population had reached "plague" proportions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses