AUSTRALIA: Queensland sets low quota for kangaroo harvest
The Australian government has announced that Queensland's quota for kangaroo harvesting will be 3.8 million animals this year. Agforce Queensland had lobbied for a higher quota of up to six million, and has expressed its disappointment at the government's decision. Agforce Queensland deputy CEO Paul Bidwell said the region's kangaroo population had reached "plague" proportions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study