AUSTRALIA: Queensland sets low quota for kangaroo harvest
The Australian government has announced that Queensland's quota for kangaroo harvesting will be 3.8 million animals this year. Agforce Queensland had lobbied for a higher quota of up to six million, and has expressed its disappointment at the government's decision. Agforce Queensland deputy CEO Paul Bidwell said the region's kangaroo population had reached "plague" proportions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO