AUSTRALIA: Queensland sets low quota for kangaroo harvest
The Australian government has announced that Queensland's quota for kangaroo harvesting will be 3.8 million animals this year. Agforce Queensland had lobbied for a higher quota of up to six million, and has expressed its disappointment at the government's decision. Agforce Queensland deputy CEO Paul Bidwell said the region's kangaroo population had reached "plague" proportions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre