USA: Quest International launches new Chicken Designer Wheel of poultry flavours
US flavour specialist Quest International is set to launch the "Chicken Designer Wheel", a new chicken flavour system with 15 chicken profiles for use in various different dishes, particularly "home style" creations such as soups and bouillon.
A team of chefs and application technologists will work together with each customer to develop tailor-made applications and exclusive end products based on these 15 profiles.
The product recognises nine different cooking techniques, from cooking with lots of water to cooking with no fat, and thus recreates tastes ranging from boiled to roast.
Quest's global savoury product manager, Olivier Kapetanakos, told Food Navigator: "Chicken Designer Wheel is really the result of two decades of evolutionary work. It combines our understanding of the processes in the industrial kitchen with our unique understanding of flavour technology.
"It is now possible to prepare any chicken application for anywhere in the world, recreating the flavour of a specific region. And, because the profile names are based on kitchen terminology, it improves and quickens the communication between consumer, customer and Quest, resulting in an efficient and professional process at all stages."
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre