JAPAN: Question over disposal of old cattle raises fears after BSE
Some Japanese farmers are illegally disposing of old or unproductive cattle, which are thought to run a higher risk of contracting BSE. On 18 October 2001, the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry ordered that all cattle older than 30 months old must be checked for the disease before they are processed into meat.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units