Food industry quotes of the week: Quorn, R&R, Tyson
Quorn Foods was in the M&A spotlight this week with speculation WhiteWave Foods had held talks to buy the meat-free business. We spoke to Quorn CEO Kevin Brennan to find out more. Elsewhere, Nestle sold its South African ice cream assets to R&R Ice Cream, while in New Zealand, dairy groups moved to reassure consumers their infant formula products were safe following poison threats. In the US, shares in some poultry firms including Tyson Foods and Sanderson Farms plunged after reports of suspected bird flu on an Arkansas farm.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea