Food industry quotes of the week: Quorn, R&R, Tyson
Quorn Foods was in the M&A spotlight this week with speculation WhiteWave Foods had held talks to buy the meat-free business. We spoke to Quorn CEO Kevin Brennan to find out more. Elsewhere, Nestle sold its South African ice cream assets to R&R Ice Cream, while in New Zealand, dairy groups moved to reassure consumers their infant formula products were safe following poison threats. In the US, shares in some poultry firms including Tyson Foods and Sanderson Farms plunged after reports of suspected bird flu on an Arkansas farm.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti