Raisio launches snacks in Finland
Raisio has launched a swathe of snack products in Finland in order to capitalise on what it has identified as growing demand for healthy snacks in the market.
The company is launching Elovena fruity snack bars in strawberry and raspberry. The bars contain “natural ingredients” such as dried fruit and oats, contain no additives or added sugar and are priced at EUR1.29 (US$1.46) for a 35g pack. Raisio is also rolling our an Elovena porridge cup in walnut and maple varieties, with an RRP of EUR2 per pack.
Meanwhile, under its Provena gluten-free brand the group is launching two varieties of bread – oat and dark oat. The products are pre-sliced and sold frozen, Raisio revealed. The breads will be available with an RRP of EUR3.69 for 450g.
Commenting on the product launches, director of strategy and brands for Finland, Mika Kukkurainen, stressed that Finns are eating fewer traditional meals and receive up to 40% of their daily energy from snacks. Because of this, demand is growing for “good tasting” and “healthy” snack products, he suggested.
Fortified and functional packaged food remained significantly trendy in Finland in 2015....
Naturally healthy packaged food performed reasonably well in the times of recession as the sales growth remained positive due to the new product developments, advertising and consumer demand....
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods