Raisio rolls out gluten-free Fox's range
Raisio has introduced a gluten-free Fox's confectionery range
Finnish food group Raisio has introduced a free-from range to its Fox's confectionery range in the UK.
Under its Big Bear Confectionery brand, the Fox's Candy Bear product is gluten and nut free, contains no artificial flavours and colours and is made with real fruit juice.
"We have worked with Coeliac UK, the national charity for people with coeliac disease, to gain their Crossed Grain symbol gluten-free certification, which all people with coeliac disease and those following a Gluten Free diet will recognise, as we believe that currently there is a very limited choice in confectionery for everyone with this condition," said Ross Stanley, head of trade marketing at Big Bear.
The range includes: Shivering Sharks; Freezing Frogs; Ice Burgers; Polar Bears; Snowy Seals and Perishing Penguins.
Fox’s Candy Bear is launching in 200g sharing bags, with a recommended GBP1 (US$1.54) retail price.
Fortified and functional packaged food remained significantly trendy in Finland in 2015....
Naturally healthy packaged food performed reasonably well in the times of recession as the sales growth remained positive due to the new product developments, advertising and consumer demand....
Finns are known to appreciate purity, ecological farming and good natural flavours as well as local production...
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations