US: Ralcorp acquires cookie maker Petri Baking Products
Ralcorp Holdings has acquired US private-label cookie producer Petri Baking Products
Ralcorp Holdings has acquired US private-label cookie producer Petri Baking Products Inc.
The private-label group said today (23 May) it anticipates the transaction will deliver US$0.05 of GAAP accretion and $0.08 of cash accretion to adjusted diluted EPS in the first year of ownership, excluding one-time costs.
Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
New York-based Petri Baking Products manufactures and distributes a line of wire-cut private-label cookies, and employs around 240 staff. The business will operate as part of Ralcorp's snacks, sauces & spreads division.
"We are pleased to complete this transaction, which complements Ralcorp's cookie product offerings," said Kevin Hunt, CEO and president of Ralcorp. "We welcome the Petri Baking Products management team and employees to the Ralcorp family."
Ralcorp yesterday booked a drop in first-half profits as charges related to plant closures, a legal settlement provision and merger costs weighed on the firm's bottom-line results.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights