US: Ralcorp acquires cookie maker Petri Baking Products
Ralcorp Holdings has acquired US private-label cookie producer Petri Baking Products
Ralcorp Holdings has acquired US private-label cookie producer Petri Baking Products Inc.
The private-label group said today (23 May) it anticipates the transaction will deliver US$0.05 of GAAP accretion and $0.08 of cash accretion to adjusted diluted EPS in the first year of ownership, excluding one-time costs.
Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
New York-based Petri Baking Products manufactures and distributes a line of wire-cut private-label cookies, and employs around 240 staff. The business will operate as part of Ralcorp's snacks, sauces & spreads division.
"We are pleased to complete this transaction, which complements Ralcorp's cookie product offerings," said Kevin Hunt, CEO and president of Ralcorp. "We welcome the Petri Baking Products management team and employees to the Ralcorp family."
Ralcorp yesterday booked a drop in first-half profits as charges related to plant closures, a legal settlement provision and merger costs weighed on the firm's bottom-line results.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- just the answer: Birds Eye UK Margaret Jobling
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- Comment: ConAgra failing to address core issues
- Ferrero seals deal for hazelnut firm Oltan
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets