US: Ralcorp cereal exec Wilkinson to retire
Ron Wilkinson, president of Ralcorp Holdings' own-label cereal business, plans to leave the US food company.
Wilkinson will step down from the role of president of Ralcorp Cereal Products on 30 September.
"Ron has contributed greatly to Ralcorp's success over the years, and we are grateful for his strong leadership and business acumen," Ralcorp CEO and president Kevin Hunt said yesterday (3 July).
Ralcorp provided no information on who would replace Wilkinson. Officials at the company could not be reached for immediate comment.
Ralcorp Corporate Vice-President and President of Ralcorp Cereal Products Announces Plans to Retire
7/3/2012 3:40:42 PM
ST. LOUIS, July 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: RAH) announced today that its Corporate Vice President and President of Ralcorp Cereal Products, Ronald D. Wilkinson, has announced plans to retire from the company effective September 30, 2012.
"Ron has been an integral member of the Ralcorp leadership team for the past 16 years, and we congratulate him on his well-deserved retirement," said Kevin J. Hunt, Ralcorp's Chief Executive Officer and President. "Ron has contributed greatly to Ralcorp's success over the years, and we are grateful for his strong leadership and business acumen."
Prior to his current role, Mr. Wilkinson served as Corporate Vice President and President of Ralston Foods from March 2008 to July 2010. Mr. Wilkinson served as President of Bremner Food Group, Inc. and Nutcracker Brands, Inc. from December 2006 to March 2008. Mr. Wilkinson also served as Director of Product Supply of Ralston foods from October 1996 to November 2006 and of The Carriage House Companies, Inc. from January 2003 to November 2006. Mr. Wilkinson has held the Corporate Vice President position since October 1996.
Original source: Ralcorp Holdings
ConAgra Foods has said it is "excited" about a deal that will mean it becomes the largest private-label group in the US despite concerns over its ability to grow brands and own label, as well as the l...
Last week, just-food spoke with ConAgra's president of sales Doug Knudsen in the wake of the company's deal to acquire Ralcorp. Other deals this week have included the purchase of Metro Group's easter...
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- Jobs to go at FrieslandCampina cheese plant
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019