US: Ralcorp cereal exec Wilkinson to retire
Ron Wilkinson, president of Ralcorp Holdings' own-label cereal business, plans to leave the US food company.
Wilkinson will step down from the role of president of Ralcorp Cereal Products on 30 September.
"Ron has contributed greatly to Ralcorp's success over the years, and we are grateful for his strong leadership and business acumen," Ralcorp CEO and president Kevin Hunt said yesterday (3 July).
Ralcorp provided no information on who would replace Wilkinson. Officials at the company could not be reached for immediate comment.
Ralcorp Corporate Vice-President and President of Ralcorp Cereal Products Announces Plans to Retire
7/3/2012 3:40:42 PM
ST. LOUIS, July 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: RAH) announced today that its Corporate Vice President and President of Ralcorp Cereal Products, Ronald D. Wilkinson, has announced plans to retire from the company effective September 30, 2012.
"Ron has been an integral member of the Ralcorp leadership team for the past 16 years, and we congratulate him on his well-deserved retirement," said Kevin J. Hunt, Ralcorp's Chief Executive Officer and President. "Ron has contributed greatly to Ralcorp's success over the years, and we are grateful for his strong leadership and business acumen."
Prior to his current role, Mr. Wilkinson served as Corporate Vice President and President of Ralston Foods from March 2008 to July 2010. Mr. Wilkinson served as President of Bremner Food Group, Inc. and Nutcracker Brands, Inc. from December 2006 to March 2008. Mr. Wilkinson also served as Director of Product Supply of Ralston foods from October 1996 to November 2006 and of The Carriage House Companies, Inc. from January 2003 to November 2006. Mr. Wilkinson has held the Corporate Vice President position since October 1996.
Original source: Ralcorp Holdings
ConAgra Foods has said it is "excited" about a deal that will mean it becomes the largest private-label group in the US despite concerns over its ability to grow brands and own label, as well as the l...
Last week, just-food spoke with ConAgra's president of sales Doug Knudsen in the wake of the company's deal to acquire Ralcorp. Other deals this week have included the purchase of Metro Group's easter...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016