USA: Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. Reached Accord With Ripon Employees
Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: RAH) announced that the striking employees at Ripon Foods' cookie plant in Ripon, Wisconsin today ratified a three-year agreement which ends a labor strike that began on August 2. [The Ripon facility is operated as part of the Bremner cracker and cookie division.] The contract was approved by employees who are members of Local 91, Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees (UNITE)."We are pleased with the outcome of today's vote," said Larry Schultz, Director of Operations of the Ripon facility."I want to congratulate both the Company and Union negotiating committees, who worked very hard to come to an agreement that is mutually beneficial to both the Company and the employees. We believe this agreement addresses the needs of our employees as well as what the Company needs to operate successfully in an extremely competitive marketplace."Ripon plans to resume production beginning at 3:00 p.m. today.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid