USA: Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. Reached Accord With Ripon Employees
Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: RAH) announced that the striking employees at Ripon Foods' cookie plant in Ripon, Wisconsin today ratified a three-year agreement which ends a labor strike that began on August 2. [The Ripon facility is operated as part of the Bremner cracker and cookie division.] The contract was approved by employees who are members of Local 91, Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees (UNITE)."We are pleased with the outcome of today's vote," said Larry Schultz, Director of Operations of the Ripon facility."I want to congratulate both the Company and Union negotiating committees, who worked very hard to come to an agreement that is mutually beneficial to both the Company and the employees. We believe this agreement addresses the needs of our employees as well as what the Company needs to operate successfully in an extremely competitive marketplace."Ripon plans to resume production beginning at 3:00 p.m. today.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods