USA: Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. signs letter of intent to purchase Torbitt & Castleman Business
Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: RAH) announced yesterday that it signed a letter of intent to purchase the wet products portion of The Torbitt & Castleman Company LLC, a producer of private label syrups, Mexican sauces, jams and jellies, barbecue sauces, flavored syrups and other specialty sauces with approximately $80 million in annual sales. The company's dry mix manufacturing plant in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, and Five Star Brands, an affiliated manufacturer of nutritional bars located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, are not included in this transaction. Under the terms of the letter of intent, Torbitt's owners have agreed to negotiate exclusively with Ralcorp regarding the purchase and sale of Torbitt. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Torbitt & Castleman is based in Buckner, Kentucky and employs approximately 250 people.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm