USA: Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. signs letter of intent to purchase Torbitt & Castleman Business
Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: RAH) announced yesterday that it signed a letter of intent to purchase the wet products portion of The Torbitt & Castleman Company LLC, a producer of private label syrups, Mexican sauces, jams and jellies, barbecue sauces, flavored syrups and other specialty sauces with approximately $80 million in annual sales. The company's dry mix manufacturing plant in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, and Five Star Brands, an affiliated manufacturer of nutritional bars located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, are not included in this transaction. Under the terms of the letter of intent, Torbitt's owners have agreed to negotiate exclusively with Ralcorp regarding the purchase and sale of Torbitt. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Torbitt & Castleman is based in Buckner, Kentucky and employs approximately 250 people.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report