USA: Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. signs letter of intent to purchase Torbitt & Castleman Business
Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: RAH) announced yesterday that it signed a letter of intent to purchase the wet products portion of The Torbitt & Castleman Company LLC, a producer of private label syrups, Mexican sauces, jams and jellies, barbecue sauces, flavored syrups and other specialty sauces with approximately $80 million in annual sales. The company's dry mix manufacturing plant in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, and Five Star Brands, an affiliated manufacturer of nutritional bars located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, are not included in this transaction. Under the terms of the letter of intent, Torbitt's owners have agreed to negotiate exclusively with Ralcorp regarding the purchase and sale of Torbitt. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Torbitt & Castleman is based in Buckner, Kentucky and employs approximately 250 people.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin