US: Ralcorp names Block as Post COO
US food maker Ralcorp Holdings has appointed Terence Block as president and COO of its Post division.
Block will take up the position next January, following the completion of the separation of Post from Ralcorp.
Ralcorp said on Friday that Block would oversee the implementation of Post's strategic plan of growing its most important brands, improving innovation, extending its portfolio of brands into other categories and continuing to grow its presence among Hispanic consumers.
Block currently serves as president of Nestle Purina's North American pet food business. He has previously worked for Ralston Purina Company and Procter & Gamble.
"Terry's extensive operating and marketing experience will greatly benefit Post Holdings as we embark on an independent course for the company. I am confident that as COO, Terry will help drive the innovation, brand extension and growth initiatives that will be key to Post Holdings' future success," Ralcorp chairman William Stiritz, who is set to be CEO at Post, said.
Last week started with a bang, when on Monday morning (23 April) Nestle announced that it had beaten off competition from the likes of Danone to secure the baby food business of US pharmaceuticals gro...
Announcing its US$11.85bn acquisition of Pfizer's baby food unit this morning (23 April), it was interesting to note that Nestle took a slightly unusual tact in presenting the deal multiples....
Brian Driscoll, the former CEO of US baker Hostess Brands, which is in bankruptcy protection, has joined Diamond Foods as its chief executive....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights