USA: Ralcorp posts higher Q3 profit, gives less positive outlook
US food company Ralcorp Holdings has reported higher quarterly profit but gave a less positive outlook for the current quarter due to reduced sales and customer losses caused by the bankruptcy filing of US grocery distributor Fleming. Ralcorp, which makes store-branded goods, reported net earnings for the fiscal second quarter to 31 March of US$16.8m, up from $14.6m in the year-ago period, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target