US: Ralcorp to close NY plants
Ralcorp to close NY facilities
A Ralcorp spokesperson confirmed to just-food today (4 January) that the firm will close its Silver Creek and Dunkirk facilities. The plants produce cookies and a range of syrups, juice and pourable dressings respectively.
Up to 375 jobs could be lost following the closures, although Ralcorp has declined to put a figure on prospective job losses for the time being. "We are not prepared to make further comment at this time," the spokesperson said.
The move comes amid ConAgra's US$6.8bn takeover of Ralcorp, which was agreed in November and is expected to clear in March.
"This clearly puts the ConAgra-Ralcorp combination as the number one with US$4.5bn in sales," said ConAgra's sales president, Doug Knudsen, in an interview with just-food.
Shares in Singapore-based Del Monte Pacific have started trading in the Philippines, the second listing for the food and drinks group....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis