US: Ralcorp to close NY plants
Ralcorp to close NY facilities
A Ralcorp spokesperson confirmed to just-food today (4 January) that the firm will close its Silver Creek and Dunkirk facilities. The plants produce cookies and a range of syrups, juice and pourable dressings respectively.
Up to 375 jobs could be lost following the closures, although Ralcorp has declined to put a figure on prospective job losses for the time being. "We are not prepared to make further comment at this time," the spokesperson said.
The move comes amid ConAgra's US$6.8bn takeover of Ralcorp, which was agreed in November and is expected to clear in March.
"This clearly puts the ConAgra-Ralcorp combination as the number one with US$4.5bn in sales," said ConAgra's sales president, Doug Knudsen, in an interview with just-food.
Shares in Singapore-based Del Monte Pacific have started trading in the Philippines, the second listing for the food and drinks group....
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- Hershey's long-term confidence on China
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Tesco delists Rachel's Organic yoghurt range
- Hostess sale rumours hit headlines again
- Hershey cuts sales forecast on forex and China
- Bongrain investors approve name change
- Second US ice cream firm announces total recall