UK: Rapid growth in the organic food sector
The amount of land used for organic farming in the UK has almost doubled in the last year to 458,600 hectares, while the number of licensed organic farms has risen to almost 4000, according to a report by the Soil Association. Sales of organic food and drink rose by 15% to around £920m (US$1.437bn) in the year ending April 2002, while almost 80% of households bought at least one organic item during the 12-month period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly