SLOVENIA: Rastoder, Agrokor sign cooperation deal
Rastoder and Agrokor have signed a cooperation deal
Slovenian fruit and veg processor Rastoder has signed a cooperation deal "worth between EUR70m and EUR100m (US$95-135m)" with Agrokor it announced yesterday (11 June).
The contract will see products of a higher quality "be made available for the same or lower price to Agrokor customers".
The president of Agrokor, Ivica Todoric, said: "Their [Rastoder's] work and the quality of their products attracted our attention. The test period, during which we investigated not only their delivery capabilities, but also the experience of their customers in other countries, has been completed with excellent feedback. We continue to monitor the operations and products of other interesting companies in Slovenia and the wider region, which we would like to include in our system in order to enhance our offer to customers."
Izet Rastoder, the owner of Rastoder added: "Such contracts are the result of years of quality work, and proof that collaboration can improve business for both partners". He also said that he believed that the integration of Agrokor and the Slovenian retailer Mercator would be a great business opportunity for Slovenian companies.
Slovenian baker Don Don has entered into an agreement to buy Pekarna Grosuplj, the in-house bakery business of regional retailer Mercator....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016