Ready Pac Foods launches Elevate salad brand
US produce group Ready Pac Foods has launched a range of ready-to-eat salads under a new brand, Elevate.
The products are single-serve salads that are non genetically modified and are organic and gluten free.
There are eight varieties in the range, including a Kale Superfood salad which has ingredients including contains organic chopped kale with non-GMO chicken raised without antibiotics and quinoa. Along with the other salads in the collection, it is USDA Organic Certified, NSF Gluten Free Certified and Non-GMO Project Verified.
The other varieties include Blu-Rugula, and Go-Go-Gog, as well as organic recipes such as Organic Power Grains, Organic Nutty Cranberry and Organic Spinach Pow.
"With Elevate, our goal is to create something innovative that speaks directly to today's health conscious consumer at an affordable price," said Tony Sarsam, CEO of Ready Pac.
The company is to start shipping Ready Pac on 3 November. Retailers including Walmart, H-E-B and Albertsons are stocking the salads, which have a recommended retail price of $4.99.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units