UK: Real Good Food hires ex-British Sugar MD De Jaegher as COO
Gino De Jaegher has been working with RGFC in a consultancy capacity since 2012
UK firm The Real Good Food Co. has appointed ex-British Sugar managing director Gino De Jaegher as COO.
De Jaegher had been working with Real Good Food Co. on a consultancy basis since 2012 after five years as MD of British Sugar, Associated British Foods's sugar business. The 52-year-old's career also includes two decades at Procter & Gamble.
In his new role, he will take responsibility for the day-to-day operation Real Good Food Co. The managing directors of each of the group's five operating businesses, including sugar arm Napier Brown, reporting directly to him.
Real Good Food Co. executive chairman Pieter Totté said: "I am delighted that Gino has agreed to join us on a long-term basis and also to join our group executive team. His appointment to this role will enable me to concentrate on the strategic and, specifically, the commercial development of the group overall, and I feel confident that we now have a structure in place which will enable us to develop our businesses to achieve our growth targets."
The company today (4 February) reported "mixed" trading for its third quarter to the end of December. Earnings from Napier Brown were down as it was hit by the fall in sugar prices across the market. However, Real Good Food Co. said it had secured new sources of sugar and said margins from that side of the business would be "fully restored" during 2014.
De Jaegher said: "Pieter and the executive team are passionate about harnessing the growth opportunities we see for the group and I am delighted to be able to work alongside them."
Analysts at Shore Capital called the hiring of De Jaegher's "a strong appointment for the company".
Shares in Real Good Food Co. were down 4.22% at 62.5p at 12:05 GMT.
Associated British Foods plc - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Associated British Foods plc - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s ......
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Synopsis Canadean's "Associated British Foods plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The...
UK sugar-to-desserts firm Real Good Food Co. has pointed to its recent trading performance after reporting a first-half loss of almost GBP5m....
UK-based Associated British Foods Plc (ABF) has established a foothold in most regional markets, but its sales are significantly biased towards developed markets. Combined, developed markets accounted...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report