UK: Real Good Food sees profit jump
Posting its preliminary results for fiscal 2006, ambient, chilled and frozen food group The Real Good Food Company has said that profits before tax, exceptional items, and goodwill rose 35% to GBP9.5m (US$18.66m) on the back of increased revenues, which rose from GBP117.7m in 2005 to GBP250.8m in 2006. The group reported EPS of 2.6 pence.
Revealing the results, Real Good Food's non-executive chairman Pieter Totté attributed the positive revenue growth to the successful integration of Napier Brown Foods.
"Following the reverse takeover of Napier Brown Foods in September 2005, we have sought to consolidate and strengthen the company across all divisions to build a solid platform for future growth in sugar, fish, baking ingredients and bakery. I am delighted to report that overall trading in our three largest divisions has met our expectations," Totté commented.
Looking to 2007, Totté added that the group intends to drive accelerated growth across its businesses.
"Our focus for 2007 will be to concentrate on developing our assets to take advantage of the significant commercial opportunities that will arise in the medium term. RGFC is well on its way to becoming a significant player in the UK food sector," he said.
The organic and natural food sector is clearly a growth area, led by specialists such as US-based Hain Celestial, and attracting investment from mainstream food producers. In the first of a new monthl...
While chilled processed food sales are booming, the European frozen food market barely grew in 2006. Maria Lindahl, analyst at Euromonitor International, believes brands must revamp the image of froze...
Meat and packaged food group Hormel Foods has acquired the privately-owned pizza toppings and cooked meats specialist Burke Corporation for US$110m. Hormel said it anticipates annual net sales of $125...
Scandal-hit Japanese frozen food group Katokichi Co. has plunged into the red over the last 12 months, booking an annual net loss of JPY9.8bn (US$80.2m)....
Mitsui Foods International, the US-based speciality foods importer, has appointed Evan Hyman as product manager....
Australia's Patties Foods has expanded its presence in the frozen food category through the acquisition of frozen fruit manufacturers Chefs Pride and Creative Gourmet....
Sunfrost, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tnuva, Israel's largest food manufacturer and distributor, posted a 9% increase in sales for the first quarter....
Leading frozen food manufacturer McCain has said that it will re-align its business to help improve child nutrition....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report