CANADA: Recall of sausage containing undeclared milk protein
Consumers with a milk allergy are being warned not to eat Papas brand, German style sausage, if the product was purchased prior to 4 January 2001. According to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), undeclared milk protein has been found within the product, which is sold in a variety of weights, and the agency is concerned that a serious or life-threatening reaction could be caused in consumers with allergies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods