US: Recovering Winn-Dixie posts Q3 profit
US retailer Winn-Dixie has posted a third-quarter profit of US$23.9m as the company continued its recovery from financial turmoil last year.
The company, which operates in south-eastern US states, said today (15 May) that its profits for the three months to 4 April came as identical store sales inched up 1.6%. Net sales reached $1.7bn, against $1.6bn in the third quarter of fiscal 2006.
President and CEO Peter Lynch said the company had made "early progress" in its aim to turnaround the business.
Winn-Dixie spent much of 2006 under Chapter 11 bankruptcy but emerged from the protection last November.
US regional retailer Winn-Dixie Stores has posted rising quarterly profits thanks in part to efficiency gains, despite flat like-for-like sales....
Florida-based grocery retailer Winn-Dixie has elected Gregory Josefowicz as lead director....
US grocery retailer Winn-Dixie has warned that it expects to post a loss during the next 12 months as it looks to renovate stores to grow sales....
In a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, the Florida-based supermarket group Winn-Dixie Stores has issued trading results for the second quarter and first half of the 2007 fiscal year, a...
Winn-Dixie Stores is in line to receive approximately US$19m from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) following an interim agreement, local reports said....
Having emerged from bankruptcy in November, Florida-based supermarket group Winn-Dixie Stores has made the initial distribution of its new common stock....
Winn-Dixie Stores has announced the addition of 55 stores to its Hispanic Neighborhood Merchandising programme in the US....
Winn-Dixie Stores has emerged from bankruptcy, having officially completed its Chapter 11 reorganisation yesterday (21 November)....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review