UK: Red faces in Whitehall as Britain bungles TSE grant application
Britain may have lost £5m (US$7.8m) of EU money this summer because the Department of the Environment, Food and the Regions was "overworked". A spokeswoman admitted the error, adding it was due to an "administrative mistake." The department missed a June deadline for filing a claim on a special EU financial package of €132m ($129.0m) to fight animal disease and was the only EU country not to get a penny.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods