CHILE: Red meat prices experience 20-year decline as imports boom
Red meat prices in Chile have been falling for almost two decades, with 1999 prices down by 38% in real terms from 1980, industry sources reported in early December. In terms of specific cuts, sirloin has fallen 13.3%, rounds by 28.2% and ground meat has dropped 46.3%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target