US: Refinancing costs see Diamond Foods post Q3 loss
Diamond Foods owns the Kettle Chips brand
Refinancing charges hit Diamond Foods bottom line with the Kettle Foods maker posting a higher loss of US$105.6m in its third quarter.
For the period ended 30 April, the firm recorded an operating loss of US$11.2m.
Losses came from charges related to the refinancing of debt which included a one-off excise fee. The firm was also hit by higher operating expenses and cost of sales.
Sales were however up 3.2% for the period at US$190.9m.
Click here for the full results
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Lindt organic sales miss market expectations
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit