US: Refinancing costs see Diamond Foods post Q3 loss
Diamond Foods owns the Kettle Chips brand
Refinancing charges hit Diamond Foods bottom line with the Kettle Foods maker posting a higher loss of US$105.6m in its third quarter.
For the period ended 30 April, the firm recorded an operating loss of US$11.2m.
Losses came from charges related to the refinancing of debt which included a one-off excise fee. The firm was also hit by higher operating expenses and cost of sales.
Sales were however up 3.2% for the period at US$190.9m.
Click here for the full results
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site