US: Refinancing costs see Diamond Foods post Q3 loss
Diamond Foods owns the Kettle Chips brand
Refinancing charges hit Diamond Foods bottom line with the Kettle Foods maker posting a higher loss of US$105.6m in its third quarter.
For the period ended 30 April, the firm recorded an operating loss of US$11.2m.
Losses came from charges related to the refinancing of debt which included a one-off excise fee. The firm was also hit by higher operating expenses and cost of sales.
Sales were however up 3.2% for the period at US$190.9m.
Click here for the full results
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Nestle sets new savings target
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets
- Wilmar, Adani and Ruchi Soya announce India JV