US: Refinancing costs see Diamond Foods post Q3 loss
Diamond Foods owns the Kettle Chips brand
Refinancing charges hit Diamond Foods bottom line with the Kettle Foods maker posting a higher loss of US$105.6m in its third quarter.
For the period ended 30 April, the firm recorded an operating loss of US$11.2m.
Losses came from charges related to the refinancing of debt which included a one-off excise fee. The firm was also hit by higher operating expenses and cost of sales.
Sales were however up 3.2% for the period at US$190.9m.
Click here for the full results
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights