USA: Cookie case crumbles: Regal Baking Company foils Monaco Baking Company's preliminary injunction motion
Regal Baking Company successfully foiled Monaco Baking Company's Motion for Preliminary Injunction in a trade dress dispute over common cookie designs that began last August. US District Court Judge, Consuelo B. Marshall, found that Plaintiff has no trade dress interest that it can protect. Moreover, the Court found that Regal Baking Company was not in violation of a Temporary Restraining Order because there never were any trade dress rights. Seven Lives, Inc., d.b.a. Monaco Baking Company (Monaco) vs. Regal Baking Company (Regal), Case No. CV 00-08851 CBM (Ctx).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre