USA: Cookie case crumbles: Regal Baking Company foils Monaco Baking Company's preliminary injunction motion
Regal Baking Company successfully foiled Monaco Baking Company's Motion for Preliminary Injunction in a trade dress dispute over common cookie designs that began last August. US District Court Judge, Consuelo B. Marshall, found that Plaintiff has no trade dress interest that it can protect. Moreover, the Court found that Regal Baking Company was not in violation of a Temporary Restraining Order because there never were any trade dress rights. Seven Lives, Inc., d.b.a. Monaco Baking Company (Monaco) vs. Regal Baking Company (Regal), Case No. CV 00-08851 CBM (Ctx).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target