USA: Cookie case crumbles: Regal Baking Company foils Monaco Baking Company's preliminary injunction motion
Regal Baking Company successfully foiled Monaco Baking Company's Motion for Preliminary Injunction in a trade dress dispute over common cookie designs that began last August. US District Court Judge, Consuelo B. Marshall, found that Plaintiff has no trade dress interest that it can protect. Moreover, the Court found that Regal Baking Company was not in violation of a Temporary Restraining Order because there never were any trade dress rights. Seven Lives, Inc., d.b.a. Monaco Baking Company (Monaco) vs. Regal Baking Company (Regal), Case No. CV 00-08851 CBM (Ctx).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti