UK: Regulator given more time to deliver Safeway verdict
The UK Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has given a further six days to the Competition Commission to report its findings on the proposed takeover of UK supermarket chain Safeway. Proposed takeovers by supermarket companies Tesco, Wal-Mart's Asda, J Sainsbury and William Morrison are all being investigated by the UK regulator. The Commission had been due to deliver its verdict to the DTI today [12 August], but will now have until 18 August, reported Dow Jones Business News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO