NORWAY: Reitan Gruppen lifted by Rema 1000, Reitan growth
The company said sales rose to NOK76.85bn (US$12.84bn) in the year to end-December, up from NOK71.54bn in 2012. Sales generated at the Rema 1000 banner rose to NOK53.42bn, up 12.4% year-on-year. Convenience sales rose 6.6% to NOK14.23bn.
Operating profit rose 16.7% to NOK3.04bn, while pre-tax profit increased 26% to NOK2.6bn.
Rema 1000 Norge AS plans to continue to be the leading discount grocery chain in Norway. Rema 1000 is well positioned in the fastest growing category of discount retailing and the company plans to fur...
The media spotlight in Norway is increasingly focusing on the growing preoccupation with the rising numbers of Norwegian people who are obese or overweight. Per capita consumption of baked goods is ex...
Towards the end of the review period, the companies marketing healthier breakfast cereals in Norway were increasingly positioning their brands as containing ‘slow release’ carbohydrates in order to me...
Canned/preserved food is competing strongly with frozen food, particularly with those manufacturers that offer fruits and vegetables. The health trend is expected to affect to a certain extent canned/...
The latest figures show that consumers are happy to pay more for the indulgence offered by chocolate. Despite concerns about the rising trend in overweight, chocolate remains a popular indulgence food...
The influence of international dishes using rice has boosted the popularity of preparing rice as an alternative to potatoes. Italian dishes like risotto, paella from Spain and a great variety of stir ...
Oils and fats is set to increase in current value by 6% in 2012, while retail volume sales are set to remain static. The 5% current value growth anticipated in 2013 is set to be commensurate with the ...
Spreads is a mature packaged food category and Stabburet is expected to remain the leading player in the category in 2013 with a 47% value share, which remained stable throughout the review period. Al...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report