NORWAY: Reitan Gruppen lifted by Rema 1000, Reitan growth
The company said sales rose to NOK76.85bn (US$12.84bn) in the year to end-December, up from NOK71.54bn in 2012. Sales generated at the Rema 1000 banner rose to NOK53.42bn, up 12.4% year-on-year. Convenience sales rose 6.6% to NOK14.23bn.
Operating profit rose 16.7% to NOK3.04bn, while pre-tax profit increased 26% to NOK2.6bn.
Retail closing hour regulations, which required outlets with large turnovers to close by 20:00hrs Monday to Saturday and all of Sunday, were lifted in October 2012. This had a devastating impact on th...
2014 saw the dynamic trend towards quality unpackaged/artisanal bread strengthen further, as leading discounters began offering bake-off, as well as high-quality fresh bread delivered by local bakerie...
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- What the analysts say: Nestle's Q1
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- Kerry Group launches Meateors meat snacks
- Arla to launch protein dairy drink in UK
- UPDATE: Iglo Foods sold to Nomad for EUR2.6bn
- Pork Farms' Kerry pastry deal nears green light
- McCormick to move roles to Poland