NORWAY: Reitan Gruppen lifted by Rema 1000, Reitan growth
The company said sales rose to NOK76.85bn (US$12.84bn) in the year to end-December, up from NOK71.54bn in 2012. Sales generated at the Rema 1000 banner rose to NOK53.42bn, up 12.4% year-on-year. Convenience sales rose 6.6% to NOK14.23bn.
Operating profit rose 16.7% to NOK3.04bn, while pre-tax profit increased 26% to NOK2.6bn.
Retail closing hour regulations, which required outlets with large turnovers to close by 20:00hrs Monday to Saturday and all of Sunday, were lifted in October 2012. This had a devastating impact on th...
2014 saw the dynamic trend towards quality unpackaged/artisanal bread strengthen further, as leading discounters began offering bake-off, as well as high-quality fresh bread delivered by local bakerie...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020