NORWAY: Reitan Gruppen lifted by Rema 1000, Reitan growth
The company said sales rose to NOK76.85bn (US$12.84bn) in the year to end-December, up from NOK71.54bn in 2012. Sales generated at the Rema 1000 banner rose to NOK53.42bn, up 12.4% year-on-year. Convenience sales rose 6.6% to NOK14.23bn.
Operating profit rose 16.7% to NOK3.04bn, while pre-tax profit increased 26% to NOK2.6bn.
Retail closing hour regulations, which required outlets with large turnovers to close by 20:00hrs Monday to Saturday and all of Sunday, were lifted in October 2012. This had a devastating impact on th...
2014 saw the dynamic trend towards quality unpackaged/artisanal bread strengthen further, as leading discounters began offering bake-off, as well as high-quality fresh bread delivered by local bakerie...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Indonesia: the key macro issues facing FMCG firms
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Mars to buy Mexican chocolate maker Grupo Turin
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015